WHAT WE DO - Services offered by the Epilepsy Association:
Kids and Family Services
- One-on-one Resources - Case Manager meets with families in their homes or in the community to assess needs of all family members and connect with community resources that support the entire family. Case Manager also provides general support, epilepsy education, and advocacy.
- Epilepsy Education - Staff or qualified volunteers provide epilepsy educational presentations on first aid for seizures and basic epilepsy education.
- Kids on the Block puppet shows for children preschool – 4th grade
- Youth education- 4th grade-12th grade
- Be Smart Manual: An Epilepsy education manual designed for school personnel
Adult Social Services
- Mental Health Case Management – mental health case management for adults who have epilepsy as well as a mental health condition. Provides individualized care to best promote health and quality of life for those served.
- Support Groups
- Lake West - support group that meets monthly for adults who have epilepsy and their caregivers
- Community TIME - Is a new service offering designed to help individuals with epilepsy and mental illness learns about how to best take care of their physical and emotional health.
- Information and Referral - Information requests answered by a licensed social worker to promote epilepsy education, advocacy, and connections to appropriate services.
- Seminar Series - The Seminar Series is a 4-part consumer-focused event that addresses issues and concerns voiced by the agency’s clients and other individuals affected by epilepsy and their families. These seminars feature presentations by neurologists on relevant epilepsy related topics.
- Public Awareness & Events - The agency hosts 5 special events each year to help raise community awareness and funds for the Epilepsy Association.
GET IN CONTACT
We would love to hear from you!
Get in contact! Interested in learning more about our programs and services, contact EA by clicking here or by calling (216) 579-1330.