WHAT WE DO
Kids and Family Services
- One-On-One Resources - One of our Case Managers will meet with your family in your home or somewhere in the community to assess the needs of all family members and connect you with community resources that help support your entire family. Case Managers also provide general support, epilepsy education, and advocacy.
- Epilepsy Education - Our staff and qualified volunteers provide instructional presentations covering first aid for seizures and basic epilepsy education.
- Kids on the Block puppet shows for children from preschool through 4th grade
- Youth education - 4th through 12th grade
- Be SMART Manual - An Epilepsy education manual designed for school personnel
Adult Social Services
- Mental Health Case Management – We provide mental health case management for adults living with epilepsy and mental health conditions. We offer individualized care to best promote health and quality of life for those we serve.
- Support Groups - The Epilepsy Association sponsors an adult group that provides support and education for those with epilepsy and their families and caregivers. The group meets from 6-7:30 PM at the Parma Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library.
Click here for the flyer.
- Community TIME is a new service offering designed to help individuals with epilepsy and mental illness learn about how to best take care of their physical and emotional health.
Click here for the flyer
- Information and Referral - Information requests are answered by a licensed social worker to promote epilepsy education, advocacy, and connections to appropriate services.
- Seminar Series - The Seminar Series is a four-part consumer-focused event that addresses issues and concerns voiced by the agency's clients and other individuals affected by epilepsy and their families. These seminars feature presentations by neurologists on relevant epilepsy related topics.
- Public Awareness & Events - The agency hosts five special events each year to help raise community awareness and funds for the Epilepsy Association.