WHAT WE DO
GET IN CONTACT
We would love to hear from you!
Get in contact! If interested in learning more about our programs and services, contact Epilepsy Association by clicking here or by calling (216) 579-1330.
Kids and Family Services
- One-On-One Resources - Available for families who have a child with epilepsy. Our case managers are available to meet in the community to assess the needs of each family member and connect them with supportive community resources. Our case managers provide general support, epilepsy education, and advocacy.
- Epilepsy Education - Our staff and qualified, trained volunteers provide instructional presentations for students of all grade levels and school staff.
- Kids on the Block Puppet Shows - For children in preschool through 4th grade. The program features the puppet character, “Brian”, who has epilepsy. The goal of the program is to educate students in an age-appropriate way while focusing on dispelling myths surrounding epilepsy. Students have an opportunity to ask Brian questions about having epilepsy. The program also reviews head injury prevention.
- Youth education – For children in 5th through 12th grade. Programming provides age-appropriate epilepsy education, first aid for seizures, and a focus on understanding and acceptance of students with epilepsy.
- School Staff Education – Presentation on epilepsy education, first aid for seizures, recognizing seizures in students, and considerations for having a child with epilepsy in the classroom.
- Be SMART Manual - An Epilepsy education manual designed for school personnel. Click here for download.
- Parent Support Group - For 2022, the Epilepsy Association has a virtual support group for parents from 6:30-8:00 p.m. This group offers 3 sessions over 3 months and provides education and support for parents of children with epilepsy. This is a great way to connect with other parents. We ask that you try and commit to attending all 3 sessions.
- Session #1 January 12, 2022 - Epilepsy & the Family, Treatments, & Managing Wellness
- Session #2 February 9, 2022 – Epilepsy in School
- Session #3 March 9, 2022 – Strategies for Coping
- Click here for download the flyer.
- Click here to register.