The Epilepsy Association provides comprehensive services to adults, children and families affected by epilepsy in Northeast Ohio. The agency is the sole provider of these services in an eleven-county region.
The Epilepsy Association provides services in three main areas: information and referral, direct social services, and community-based epilepsy education. Please call the Association for additional information.
Family & Kids Program:
The Epilepsy Association has a new service for families. The Kids and Family Program helps parents with community resources connections, and overcoming obstacles in managing a child’s epilepsy. The service can take place in the comfort of your own home, and is provided by a case-manager. Please call the agency to set up a consultation.
Information and Referral:
- Answer questions about epilepsy
- Free informational materials about epilepsy
- Referrals to help access appropriate medical and community resources
(Follow the link)
Direct Social Services:
- Individualized epilepsy education specific to each client’s type(s) of seizures
- Counseling services to help clients cope with challenges related to epilepsy
- Advocacy services to ensure that clients’ needs are met
- Specialized case management services for clients affected by both epilepsy and mental illness
Epilepsy Education in schools and in the community:
- We provide FREE epilepsy education. We will come to schools, businesses and community organizations to educate individuals about epilepsy and reduce fears about how to respond to someone having a seizure.
- In order for us to best meet your epilepsy education needs, please fill out a request and return it to the Epilepsy Association. If you are a community organization requesting epilepsy education click here. If you are a school requesting epilepsy education please click here.
- Please follow the link for more information about our Epilepsy Education Services
Our Education Programs are funded by a grant from the Katherine and Lee Chilcote Foundation